Mountain Discovery Charter School is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
EC Instructional Assistant
Mountain Discovery Charter School is seeking an applicant for an Instructional Assistant for the Exceptional Children’s Department. The EC Assistant will support our EC population in the regular education classroom. The general purpose of the position is to provide assistance in the instruction of students. Other duties may include working collaboratively with the teacher to assist in assessment, supporting curriculum, student interactions, enforcing safe behaviors, and enhancing social growth in the school setting. This position is full-time, but we will also consider having it be Monday-Thursday.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the teacher by instructing groups of students.
- Execute student behavioral management.
- Resolve minor student conflicts.
- Conduct clerical tasks as directed.
- Monitor student work/keep students on task.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with students and colleagues.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Be or become knowledgeable and supportive of classroom management and student discipline procedures.
- Knowledge of core subjects including phonics and foundational reading instruction.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or Equivalent work experience preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting: Substitute Teacher
An MDCS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher or classroom assistant. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher or assistant is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Dismiss all students from the classroom before leaving the building
- Hours are from 7:50 am-3:15 pm full days. Half days are 7:50 am-11:30 am. Rates are $100 for the day or $50 for half days.
- Enjoy working with children in a school setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Background Check
- Candidates must attend a brief orientation/training session.
If interested, please send an email to Crim at email@example.com or call 828-488-1222.
Thank you for your interest in Mountain Discovery.
“Self-esteem is not built from compliments. It is built from accomplishments of quality.”