Mountain Discovery Charter School is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Job Posting: Substitute Teacher
An MDCS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher or classroom assistant. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher or assistant is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Dismiss all students from the classroom before leaving the building
- Hours are from 7:50 am-3:15 pm full days. Half days are 7:50 am-11:30 am. Rates are $100 for the day or $50 for half days.
- Enjoy working with children in a school setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Background Check
- Candidates must attend a brief orientation/training session.
If interested, please send an email to Crim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-488-1222.
Thank you for your interest in Mountain Discovery.
“Self-esteem is not built from compliments. It is built from accomplishments of quality.”